Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ok, Lets Overclock

• Please log in to reply

operation ivy

operation ivy

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
hey everyone,

im looking to get all i can out of my cpu before i buy a new one. my cpu is a amd athlon 2700+ and my motherboard is abit va-20 deluxe. i have been looking around on the net and it seems my cpu overclocks OK but im not so sure about my MOBO.

this will hopefully be my first sucessfull overclock...(radeon 9550 se didnt want to be oc'd) but yeah, i cant seem to find a program that supports my mobo for oc'in either. im just looking to overclock my Processor nothing else. i also think a temperature program would be useful. i have yet to find a good one.

thank you for your time.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Motherboard Monitor is a good program for showing cpu and system temps as well as power supply voltage levels and you can download it using the link in my signature.

Fenor

operation ivy

operation ivy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
i have tried that one and my mobo isnt supported thanks for the reply though

operation ivy

operation ivy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
ok so if anyones unclear im looking for information on:

A good temp monitor that supports my mobo, abit va-20
what to do or a tutorial on overclocking amd athlon 2700's

im sure someone can help me with this lol.

thanks, ivy.

operation ivy

operation ivy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
No info on overclocking amd 2700's?

p_mii_nawy

p_mii_nawy

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
you could do it from ur bios. i have an asrock mb that lets you oc, thats how i did mine. dont go to high. i have a 2400+ running @ 2.1. its ok for now

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
There is a ton of overclocking forums that can give you more information than we can youll find someone that done your system or one similar somewhere.