Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multi DVD/CD burner problems

• Please log in to reply

I.n.u

I.n.u

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi this is a great forum, on to my problem. I bought a Super Multi DVD/CD Rewriter about 4 months ago the developer is LG, Model GSA-4163 B, it worked fine for about two months but about last month it stoped burning cd's and dvd's. It can read them fine but it can't burn them please help me.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G I.n.u

Can you tell us :

Which software you use to burn CD/DVDs with?

You said you can no longer BURN CDs etc, can you clarify this a bit more? i.e do you get any specific errors messages? Does the burning process start but fail before completion? etc

Which OS are you running?

Can you tell us your basic system specs please?

I.n.u

I.n.u

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I use Nero.

I have it simulate the writing process and I get an error it does't clairify what the error is, and I don't have any blank cd's or dvd's to see if I am wrong.

I am running a Windows XP Home with 512 MB DDR Ram a 120 gb hard drive a motherboard from Emachines with a Intel Celeron Processor 2.30 GHz (w/128KB L2 cache & 400MHz FSB)

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

I have it simulate the writing process and I get an error it does't clairify what the error is, and I don't have any blank cd's or dvd's to see if I am wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong here (I very rarely bother to run simulations myself), but don't you need to have a blank CD/DVD inserted in order to simulate the writing process? The only exception of course is when you are appending a session to a multi-session disc, in which case the disc must not have been finalised.

I.n.u

I.n.u

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I try to simulate the write but it tells me that I need a blank CD-R/RW, I have a rewritable disk so I put it in to erase it but no matter which application I use it won't erase. This thing has been giving me an aggravating time for a while now I've stayed up for nights at a time trying to fix it but still no luck.

Edited by I.n.u, 19 November 2005 - 04:55 PM.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Ok, let me get this straight....

You are trying to perform a simulated write test which requires a blank CDR/CDRW to be inserted. You don't have any blank discs so instead you are inserting a non-blank CDRW which cannot be wiped, and hence resulting in a error message, right?

My advice is this :
Go and buy some blank media! Preferably CDRs. The problem by the sound of it, is with that particular CDRW rather than anything else. That is the most likely reason for the problems you are having so eliminate that first by trying a new blank CDR instead. If you still have the same problem with a new blank disc, then come back & I will help you resolve it.

While you're at it, for good measure, empty the temp directories & defrag the drive.

Let me know how you get on