Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

e machines 570

• Please log in to reply

mickedge

mickedge

• Pip
  • 9 posts
i have a problem when we try to boot the computer up it says operating system not found, i have checked the leads to the hard drive i have even put a new lead on hard drive, but still get same operating system not found. please can any 1 help me :tazz:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Did you add any new hardware to your computer before you started getting this error message?

Fenor

mickedge

mickedge

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Did you add any new hardware to your computer before you started getting this error message?

Fenor

no i have not used it for a while, just pluged it in and it cannot find the hard drive and i cannot get in bios cos it wants a password and i do not have it thanks

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Well if you don't have the password, then you need to find the person who knows that password so you can get into the BIOS. Not much more I can do for you since the computer obviously isn't yours.

Fenor

mickedge

mickedge

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
well the pc is mine and i do not have a password and never have had 1 so do not try to call me a theif i have all paper work for pc but no pas word was given

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Password's for the BIOS are not set by default. By default there is NO password for getting into the BIOS. Where did you buy this machine? I suggest you call the company you got it from or eMachines directly if you got it directly through them.

Fenor