Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD error code: 0x0000009c (0x00000003, 0x80545ff0, 0xf2000000, 0x000

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
adaml773...

I'm not sure yet...I have seen a few Dell "lemons", but let's work on this one a bit more.

Are you running Zone Alarm and the Windows Firewall at the same time?

When you updated your video drivers, did you get them from the Dell site?

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 20 November 2005 - 03:10 PM.

Advertisements

adaml773

adaml773

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Wannabe1,
I run only Zone Alarm, the Windows Firewall is turn off. I updated video drivers from the Dell site.
You know I found in the everest's report that the video bios has something wrong with the date, I copy it here:
BIOS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIOS Properties:
BIOS Type Phoenix
System BIOS Date 09/28/05
Video BIOS Date 05/06/22
Also the video bugcheck on the end of the report looks very messy.
You know, I check a few times that when I run computer on a save mode, it doesn't get a bsod, but when I try to watch a movie on it in a few minutes a bsod occures. it seems that there is no difference if movie is from the folder or from dvd. When I start windows in normal mode, the comp. gets bsod even I don't do any thing on it.
Thanks for your help.
adaml773

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I Noticed those things, too...that's why I asked where you downloaded the drivers from. Download the drivers from ATI Downloads. Make sure you have Net Framework on your machine before you download and install these drivers. The easiest way to determine if you have Net Framework on your machine is to go to the Windows Update site and let it scan your computer...if it shows that you need it, download it and install it then download and install the ATI drivers.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 20 November 2005 - 04:31 PM.

adaml773

adaml773

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Wannabe1,
Yesterday I download the newest driver, ati catalyst, from ATI, but I can instal it because it shows error massege which says that I don't have video driver. I read its description which says that it is compatibile with my Ati Radeon x300. After that I download new ATI update from dell, which I instaled without any problem. Have you run Win Debugger? I ask because I heard that it can help to find a bad drivers.
Thanks for your help.
adaml773

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i found one reference from MS on that stop code saying it could be a memory mismatch error (problem with ram being the wrong type for the board) or a thermal issue or an overclocking issue...or a psu problem...so far everything is claiming that it is a hardware problem....since your machine is under warranty...i would suggest you call dell yelling and screaming and demand they fully replace the machine with a new one....i will keep researching...but it seems to be a deffinite hardware failure

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i also just found a reference suggesting to disable hyperthreading through bios..

adaml773

adaml773

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks Dsenette,

After bsod I send error report to Microsoft and I recieved this massege: Stop error caused by a device driver

Symptoms

You are receiving this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused a stop error message. This error message required a restart of your computer. After the restart your computer should continue to operate normally, however the error may re-occur until the problem is corrected.

Cause

A stop error occurs when your computer encounters an error from which it cannot recover. This is usually caused by a device driver which encounters an unhandled exception or performs an illegal operation. When the operating system detects this situation it is stopped to prevent further problems, such as data loss or further system instability.

Resolution

Your error report has been computer analyzed and is unable to determine the exact cause of the error at this time. Since a cause and resolution has not been found your error report will be analyzed by Microsoft and any associated vendors to determine the cause of the error. After a cause has been found and corrected you will receive an updated message the next time you receive this same error with instructions on resolving the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience this error has caused and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Please note it is important you continue to report errors so analysts will have data to analyze and correct the problem as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience and assistance while we work to resolve your error.

Since this computer is under waranty I have contacted with Dell a few times and during past two months they replaced: fun and heatting sink, motherboard, memory ram, and cd/dvd optical driver. Also, I have run Dell diagnostic tests and it seems that hardware is OK. I think that I have to focuse on drivers. However, how can I check which driver cause a bsod? How I can disable hyperthreading through bios?
adaml773

adaml773

adaml773

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Dsenette,
You mention somethink about CPU, is there any way to check it if it is OK or not??

adaml773

adaml773

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi,
Finally I figured out what was wrong with my i6000. There were two things yahoo messenger and nero with its imagedrive. I removed both of them and now it seems that bsod is gone.
Thank you for all your help.

adaml773

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
adaml773...

Thank you for posting back with how you resolved your issued. You information will probably help many who follow in your footsteps... :tazz:

I know I will be using the information you have provided to help others....

wannabe1

Advertisements

adaml773

adaml773

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Wannabe1,
I want to add that the propblem with DVD (I get bsod when I was watching dvd's) I solved instaling trial version cyberlink PowerDvd since that time any problem with dvds and bsod. I think, I got bsod because I didn't have some drivers or those which I had were poorly writen.
Thanks for your help.
adaml773

dunks

dunks

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Did you try checking to see if there are any updates for your Bios??