Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Annoying "Serious Error"

• Please log in to reply

qpontiac

qpontiac

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello guys...I'll say right now, I am probably not in any of your leagues, so I apologize now, for sounding like a newb on this.

My system though is a beast:
2GB RAM
Dual Nvidia 7800 GTX
Intel Dual Core 3.2

blah, blah

Anyways, in the past week, I have done two different hardware installs to the machine. First, I installed a Logitech MX700 mouse. Second, I bought a Plantronic Audio 45 USB headset/mic, which comes with no software (just put it into the USB port, and away it goes). Well the last two days I have had two random crashes and on reboot, the famous "your system has recovered from a serious error" message. I can't seem to find any problems in Device Manager on either of these installs.

I have also done google searches to see if there are similar problems with either of these two hardwares, with no luck...

I was hoping someone here could give me some advice?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
qpontiac...Welcome to G2G!

Click Start then Run and type eventvwr.msc...click "Ok".

In the left pane, click Applications and make note of any red circles with X's that occur at about the time of your problems. Do the same for System.

Post a few of the recent ones here for us.

This is likely related to your new hardware.....

wannabe1

qpontiac

qpontiac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey, really appreciate the fast reply....

I'm on my work PC right now, and will post my findings for my own PC tonight, but I tried that on my work PC, and my question is this:

What part of the event do you need? The description or all of the data, or does both help you out...

Thanks again

Mike

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
qpontiac...

I would be most interested in the "Event" codes with a short description. (right click the event, choose properties, and summarize what's in the "Description" window.)

wannabe1

qpontiac

qpontiac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
OK Wannabe, first off, every hour at forty minutes after, I get this error:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Dhcp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 11/17/2005
Time: 10:40:18 PM
User: N/A
Computer: OWNER
Description:
Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address on the Network Card with network address.

Is this normal?

Then last night, right before the crash, there are a total of 17 of these identical warnings:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Disk
Event ID: 51
Date: 11/18/2005
Time: 7:46:23 PM
Description:
An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation.

Followed by this single error in the event viewer:

Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 11/18/2005
Time: 7:48:07 PM
Description:
Error code 100000ea, parameter1 89a66da8, parameter2 89a32a90, parameter3 bacfbcbc, parameter4 00000001.

The save dump was done at 7:46:52 PM if that helps you...

Thanks again...

Mike

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

Description:
Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address on the Network Card with network address.

This is normal, the system will just get another address.

Description:
An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation.

That's not good. Means it had trouble writing to your hard drive.

Description:
Error code 100000ea, parameter1 89a66da8, parameter2 89a32a90, parameter3 bacfbcbc, parameter4 00000001.

This usually, though not always, means there's a video card problem.
A device driver is spinning in an infinite loop, most likely waiting for hardware to become idle. This usually indicates problem with the hardware itself, or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. In many cases this is the result of a bad video card or a bad display driver.

qpontiac

qpontiac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I found 3 of these from 11/15/2005

Event Source: Cdrom
Event ID: 11
Date: 11/15/2005
Time: 12:34:21 AM
Description:
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom0.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't sound good either...

Is there a fix for these, or do I need to contact my computer manufacturer and have them send my new harware?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
qpontiac...

Neil Jones information is quite accurate (though it is considered rude to post in a thread someone else is actively working).

Let's try updating some your drivers and then we'll run a check on the HDD to see what's going on there.

Please download Everest Home Edition, install it, run it using the "Report" icon, choose "All Pages" and then "HTML". Attach the log to this thread using the "Browse" and "Add This Attachment" buttons under the text input window. This will give us the information we need to find drivers and also some info on the hardware installed in the machine.

wannabe1

qpontiac

qpontiac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks here you go

Mike

Attached Files

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Your machine really IS a beast! Give me a few to look the log over...

wannabe1

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Let's try these one at a time...

Download video drivers HERE.

Any change?

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 19 November 2005 - 09:37 PM.

qpontiac

qpontiac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
OK, downloaded those drivers...

Keep in mind that this crash has only happened twice (the past two days), and it hasn't crashed yet today (knocking on wood) so if you just want to give me a list of the drivers I should download, I could get going on it, and just come back to you if it happens again? I just don't want to waste your time or waste the time of anyone else who may need help by going one on one.

But then again, you're the expert, so you tell me what I should do :tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Actually the Windows XP drivers should be working fine for the AC97 sound card. Let's see what the video drivers do.

It also looks as though your CPU might be slightly overclocked, but I'm not really sure on this beast. I'm still researching just what your processor will handle as far as clock speeds go.

Let me know if you have another hang and grab the event code when and if that happens.

To check the HDD for errors, Click Start then Run and type autochk.exe and click "Ok"...Let it run on restart.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 19 November 2005 - 10:17 PM.

qpontiac

qpontiac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey I really appreciate it...This site is freaking great. Thank you very much!! As far as the overclocking, I've never touched it, so it came from the shop this way...

Thanks again,

Mike

I will be back if this happens again

qpontiac

qpontiac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
wannabe,

I tried to run the autochk.exe but it tells me that it can run the application in Windows32 mode...