Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

my internet wont work, help!

• Please log in to reply

hilton

hilton

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: my laptop connects to its online modem thing, and the little pc2pc icon comes up in the bottom right hand corner, but for some reason none of my online programs such as internt explorer and messenger work? Recently a mate of mine decided to put my laptop 'onto' the college network me not thinking anything of it, and i get back home to find it wont work online? please help

Advertisements

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Hi and welcome to G2G.

Basic question first - have you asked your mate what he did to change your settings and can he put the system back to normal?

Is this dial-up or broadband?

Are you using this on a home network connected to a router and other home computers and is it wireless linked or via cable?

Both your internet and email don't work is this correct?

Edited by 1069, 19 November 2005 - 02:28 PM.

hilton

hilton

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yeah i asked my m8, and hes doesnt no wot he has done, my laptop connects to this router via cable, its broadband but u have to connect every time u log on, and none of my oline programs work e.g messenger internet limewire etc etc

jrom727

jrom727

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
oh, limewire? :tazz:

just a note, p2p might cause a malware and ur issue, thus, it is not advisable to use it.
I would say post a Hijackthis log and wait for a trusted help to analyze it.

goodluck :)

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
I don't understand this statement.." its broadband but u have to connect every time u log on" Can you connect to the internet via the router?

If you can - presumably it doesn't connect on bootup - what exactly do you do to connect?