Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to change to bios

• Please log in to reply

keres

keres

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
can any1 tell me how to get in2 bios and to change the BOOT ORDER in my computer's BIOS to boot from the CD first before the Harddrive.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi keres...Welcome to G2G!

Because all BIOS versions are a little different, it is a little difficult to help with this. On most machines BIOS setup is accessed by either pressing the F1 or Delete key during the boot sequence. When you restart your machine, on the first screen that comes up there should be a line of text at the bottom that will tell you which key to press for your version of BIOS. It will look something like: "Press [key] to enter setup".

Once in BIOS setup, you will navigate with the arrow keys, select with the Enter key, and change values with the - or + keys. Be sure to save your settings when you exit (usually F10 or Esc).

Hope this helps...

wannabe1

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If all else fails unplug the mouse before you boot up. You will get the POST screen, with an unable to find mouse code, but it will tell you how to enter Setup.

keres

keres

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
hi thx for reply i now have got in 2 bios and changed the drives but when i type in the command i want i get the command is not recognized it get it from the link below

http://support.micro...B;EN-US;Q307545

can uplz tell me if im doind anything wrong