Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spec Check :D

• Please log in to reply

Chaos_Marine

Chaos_Marine

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello Out there people,
I'm looking for someone who is willing get down and dirt (Computer wise that is Haha).
Here is a spec of a comp i wish to build but I'm looking for some input before i dish out on a whole system
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antec SUPER LANBOY Silver Computer Case With Side Panel Window - Retail = $76.00
ASUS K8N-E ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail = $69.99
ASUS Radeon 9250 A9250/GE/TD/256 Video Card - Retail = $58.00
CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail = $72.00
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value SB0400 Sound Card - OEM = $49.99
LOGISYS Computer PS550ABK 550Watts Power Supply With SATA and 20/24 Pin connectors. - Retail = $19.99
Logitech Black Wired Value Keyboard - OEM = $7.00
Logitech G5 Laser 2-Tone Mouse - Retail = $53.89
Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200GB 3.5" IDE Ultra ATA133 Hard Drive - OEM = $85.00
SONY Beige IDE CD Burner Model CRX230EE/10S - OEM = $20.99
SONY Black IDE DVD Burner Model DW-Q30A BK - OEM = $40.99
SONY CPD-G220R 17" CRT Monitor - Retail = $119.99
Thermaltake Thunderblade A1927 120 x 120 x 25 mm Sleeve Red LED Light Cooling Fan - Retail = $7.99
REFURBISHED: ZALMAN CNPS7000B-ALCU 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan - OEM = $24.17
AMD Athlon 64 2800+ 800MHz FSB Socket 754 Processor - Retail = $112.00
AeroCool AeroFlow-BB 120mm 2 Ball Blue LED Light Case Cooling Fan = $13.99

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You really want to get a 939 veince cpu, a sata hard drive, you probably wont need the sound card but it depends on what the computer is for really, And that PSU to me seems a bit on the cheap side and a little high on the output. And you could always save on the mouse, unless you are a gamer(and if you are you seriously need a much better gfx card) you dont need one of the super expensive ultra resolution mice.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
I would recommend a better power supply for shure. Cheap is not better. Spend more money on a quality power supply that produces pure power. That power supply isnt true/pure power.

Chaos_Marine

Chaos_Marine

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The reason I chose that Graphics Card is i'm still a agp fan I'm still not sure about PCI-Express :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
AGP is dead as a dodo im afraid youre the only AGP fan left, they dont make any new cards for it anymore, PCI-E is better than AGP in every way so i really wouldnt worry about getting AGP as its really a neccesity not a luxury now that AGP has been made completely obsolete.

Chaos_Marine

Chaos_Marine

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor - Retail = $282??
Is that expensive????

Chaos_Marine

Chaos_Marine

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Sorry if some of my questions seem very stupid and fact i know they are and i appolagies pound sterling is what i know and i never looked up cpu prices when they came out so i have no reffrance to a base price