Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant change fonts on laptop, anyone?

• Please log in to reply

jinxy

jinxy

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
just was given a dell latitude 400 notebook. when i open IE i have MEDIUM fonts on all pages. go to VIEW then down to :text size then change to LARGEST. but font never stays. when i turn pc back on its back to medium again can anyone help? thanks to all

Advertisements

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
I believe changing the font size for a web browser is a temporary setting. It will never remain when you end your web browsing session. I think that option is there for rare occurances when a website does not display correctly, or fonts are outragously a strange size. If you have trouble reading text, try lowering your screen resolution, and or adjusting the DPI of your display. By defualt for windows it is 96dpi. maybe try 128 and see if that helps you.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
There is also the hard of sight large fonts, when i turned it on for my gran it made her browser have large fonts as well, it is usually a temporary setting on most web browsers though i havent been able to get it to change permanently on the odd occasion i have changed the size.