Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems connecting to host computer running Remote Desktop Connection

• Please log in to reply

claudgrrl

claudgrrl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello... I frequently access my computer at the office running Win XP Pro using Remote Desktop. I connect from a computer running Windows 98. In the past I haven't had any problems whatsoever, but in the past few days when I try to run Remote Desktop it either "times out" before I can even log on, or it allows me to log on (very slowly) and the network runs slowly and I eventually get disconnected. This happens from 2 different locations (both trying to access the office computer), and I've checked my internet connection at the office and it is running up-to-speed and on my other computers. I haven't made any changes to any of the computers, I am running Zone Alarm on the host computer, but have not updated/changed any settings from before.

Please advise, thanks in advance.

Advertisements