Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

More problems i cant figure out

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
This is getting really old so pardon me if i am rambling.

Looked up a few different hundred times what else could be causing my downloads to not work. Found out it could be a virus so i copied our virus protection thing off our old comp and ran it. It had an mtx (forgive me if im wrong) virus. I did the whole safe mode and everything that they suggested to do. Then i did another System restore with the Compaq restore disk and still no change. Looked into some more and they said to delete the Temp Internet File folders which brought me to something else i noticed.

First off it says my hard drive is almost completely full. We just got this hard drive 2 months ago and there shouldnt be anyway it is full when we really only have a few things on it. I started looking thru the program files and noticed that there are 3 AOL folders (all the same but all diff folders) but there is no AOL in the Add/Remove software options. Also we have never tried to install AOL since we have DSL and have no need for it. So that brings me to something else. The 2 games that we installed iare not in the Add/Remove software options either along with the stuff we downloaded for the games (just addons for the game) They do show in the program files though.

Questions are why is everything so flip flopped on our computer? How do i remove the 3 AOL folders if it isnt installed and there is no option for uninstall? Should i just delete all the folders for it?

That brings me to my final problem (til tomorrow when i know more will surely come) I was reading about fixing the amount of Temp Int files (or what not..here goes the rambling) that ur computer uses and for some reason it will not let me set the number. An error keeps saying that i need to set the number from
1-0. Everytime i do i just get the same message over and over again.

Should i just kick the $#$@#%)#&$(*&# outta the computer and call it a night?? :tazz:
Anyways thx for any replies ahead of time

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum