Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Installing AverMedia UltraTv 1500 MCE

• Please log in to reply

ljw74

ljw74

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello ,
I am in the process of building my own Media Center computer it is up and running perfectly except for the whole purpose. I have Purchased AverMedia's UltraTv 1500, I have talked to people and they have told me that this is compatable with the already built in Media Center. I belive this but I an having troubles with getting it to work properly.:)

So this is what is happening: It is seeing it you know it askes me every time I boot it up but i did what the instructions said and the drivers just didnt seem to work I downloaded the latest version of the drivers availble im not so sure thats what the computer installed or anything . I have been working with this for a while and I am just stumped. :tazz:

Please if anyone has any tips or anything let me know.
Thanks
I meant that when windows seems to be installing the drivers in the setup wizard it copys some files into the system32 but when I open media center it either says it isnt installed or there isnt one at all in my computer. So mainly i just cant get it to work with my computer and I have read all the forums on it and they all say to keep messing around with the drivers but it just never seems to work for me.It Is Brand New.

Edited by ljw74, 22 November 2005 - 10:07 PM.

Advertisements

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Are you saying it does not work with the windows "media center" or does it not work in normal windows using any tv/capture program? If its just not working in the "media center", try "winavi video capture", its a freeware program for watching tv and recording video.