Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Retrieving my old MS Office files

• Please log in to reply

baltclown

baltclown

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi,

I just had to get a new harddrive for my computer. I kept my old harddrive as a backup and still have all the files. I reinstalled MS Outlook on the new harddrive and want to know if its possible to retrieve my old emails, calendar and settings from the Outlook files on my old hard drive. If I try to run Outlook from the old harddrive it just opens the new installation. I assume the information is on there somewhere but Im not sure what files to look in and I didnt have a chance to export everything to a pst file before all this happened.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Do a search in Windows for *.pst files on the old hard drive and point Outlook at them.

baltclown

baltclown

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
The only pst files I found were ones I created as backups back in 2003. I havent exported my emails to a pst file since then.