Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2 Freezes/Locks up whole computer

• Please log in to reply

breakz

breakz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi everyone, this is my first post here :)

Im in need of help! Ive just bought call of duty 2, for which ive been waiting eagerly for weeks! It installed ok, but when I went to play it, it got past the initial opening sequence, got to the "enter your player name" screen and then FROZE! Locks the whole system up every time I try to start it and I have to turn it off and reboot.

I have tried almost everything I can think of, including updating drivers for my graphics card, and lots of diagnostic tests and system clean ups, but nothing seems to help. Cpu test checks out ok. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and does anyone have any suggestions or know what I could do?

My system specs are:
Intel Pentium p4 cpu 3.00Ghz HT, 800mhz bus, 1024mb L2 cache
FIC motherboard model P4M-800M
ATI Radeon 9800 PRO graphics card, 128mb ddr onboard ram, current driver-Catalyst v5.11, running 2 monitors
512mb DDR ram
Soundblaster Audigy 2 zs 24bit sound card with breakout box (108db s/n ratio)

Please help, I am eager to play!! :)

PS, I have experienced a similar problem whilst playing GTA san andreas, but it doesnt happen straight away, I can normally get quite a lot of game play in first. I have been playing Call of Duty 1 for over a year, with no problems at all. :tazz:

Edited by breakz, 20 November 2005 - 12:10 PM.

Advertisements