Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fireworks and Dreamweaver

• Please log in to reply

jrm-hosting

jrm-hosting

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Hey Gang, how are you guys doing. I haven't posted on here for a while. Anyhow, I need great help with my sites. I try to design a new site template using fireworks and then imported to dreamweaver. The site is: Http://johnyNdony.jrm-hosting.com. Can someone please help me fix these javascript errors? Whenever I put my mouse over the links, I get a javascript error message. The links supposed to be doing mouse over but nothing. Can someone please help me with this, check the site to see what I'm refering to.

Http://johnyNdony.jrm-hosting.com

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jrm-hosting, 20 November 2005 - 04:27 PM.

Advertisements

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
What browser are you using? The mouseover works for me.... you move the mouse over the links and they move away a litle bit and change color, and when you move the mouse away, they revert to their original state....
And by the way, you provided a faulty link, here's the real link:
johnyNdony
Also, if you don't mind, you pages don't really look... uhm... good :) (for lack of a more descriptive word)
Each page has a different layout, and some of the top links dont show up on every page.. your guestbook is down, :) which you might already know.. and on the Home Page (when you click Home Page when you get on the website...) The left navigation bar gets all displaced and such.. I dunno if this happens for you.. but I'm using Safari right now...

Hope you fix it... :tazz:

jrm-hosting

jrm-hosting

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
LOL, thanks for your input. I used IE explorer and it doesn't work.

About the web pages, for that template I have done only one thus far, and I started getting the error messages and I'm trying to correct it before creating the other pages such as about, home, guest, pictures. They all will be under the same template but for now I have to try resolving the error code issue.

Also, Comment on my template, the default page of course

Which browser did you use?

And again, thank your for your input.

JRM-HOSTING.

Edited by jrm-hosting, 21 November 2005 - 08:21 AM.

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Yea, no prob.. I was using safari at school.. and now i'm at home..
The mouse-over works differently on Firefox than Safari.. but it's all good..
Still about the same effect... but it's a different color now :tazz:
I also tried with IE and it works.. maybe you dont have IE 6? Or maybe you haven't gotten all the updates for it from:
Microsoft WIndows Update

jrm-hosting

jrm-hosting

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
It's working now because I have fixed the problem. I just copied the javascript from a previous template and put on this one and it works fine.

Thanks for you inputs.

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
OK, glad to help ya~! If you need help again, just feel free to ask the G2G community!

jrm-hosting

jrm-hosting

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I'll do, one more thing, can you comment on my design and how you think it could be improved to make it better.

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Well... sure.. I have to warn you.. my constructive criticism might sound a bit like flaming, but just remember I'm trying to help and mean no offense..

That being said... I'd like to say that your website look extremely Amateur...
You have it all artsy lookin' and it's not that cool.. anyone that goes to your website will think that ur a 13-yr old kid thats new to making websites..
You need to organize your navigation into a nice menu like the one you see at the top of this page of my school's website:

http://www.deerfield...highschool.com/

Also, you should get rid of all the artsy stuff since that won't appeal to many visitors... make it more porfessional looking.. like you see here:

http://armyofxpertz.bravehost.com/

That's my website that I made for a clan on StarCraft.. they abandoned playing, so I froze production on the website.. but I kept it there just because it was nice...

and as I was saying.. make it all professional looking... you should use a template from other websites and elaborate on it..

Try that, then tell me when you've updated...
Sorry if I sounded a little mean...
:tazz: Good Luck :)

Edited by Paradox924X, 21 November 2005 - 06:30 PM.

jrm-hosting

jrm-hosting

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Cool, Thanks, but this site is personal. I created this site to post pictures of me an my Peeps, nothing major. Checkout this one:

http://jrm-hosting.com

Critic on that one!

Thanks in advance and for the advice.

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
oh, ok.. >.< I thought you were gonna have this as a public site where people can learn about you guys and stuff, and interact and stuff like that... My Bad.. lol... You should use the template from the main website to use for ur JohnyNDony one.. it's a better template... and well.. I guess it's cool however you wanna make it, since its just for personal use.. lol... :tazz:

jrm-hosting

jrm-hosting

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
That was my first design!

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Yes, and it's cool...