Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New build hangs after post

• Please log in to reply

superjaded

superjaded

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
ok guys i just ran into this problem, same board, same dist., same hang up

after a bit of head scratching, i discovered the problem.

this bios 1.0 that ships with this board only functions with 32 bit processors, the celeron D 341 is a 64 bit

if you slap in a lower speed 32 bit cpu, you can then boot up and update the bios to version 1.2, at which point you can then slep in your 64 bit and go

Advertisements

kb1874

kb1874

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, New to the forum, but found this thread very interesting!

I am in the process of building a new PC, I bought a Foxconn MB with the SiS chipset and put in a P4 2.8GHz processor, with 1Gb DDR400 RAM in a single module. I had a 200Gb SATA drive but I reckon it was shot, so this morning I put in a 20Gb IDE drive which I know to be working. Anyway, boot up the PC, everything looks OK then it hangs halfway through the POST, right after it identifies the drives. After a few attempts, it eventually boots up normally, no probs. I eventually manage to get a copy of XP HE installed on the clean drive, but everytime the PC shuts down and you try and restart it it hangs during the POST for three or four attempts, occasionally with some strange error mesages like CMOS CHECKSUM Error, and then boots normally. I tried pretty much everything on here, cleared CMOS, stripped out all the periphals, but still the same problem. My first suspicion was a dodgy memory module, (I have had this problem in the past) but didn't have anyway of checking it. After reading this I am starting to think it maybe the system BIOS. Does anyone else have any experience of this?

In frustration I put my system into my local tech shop, I'll be gutted if the guy tells me all it needs was to flash the BIOS, I could get the system to Boot, sometimes! so flashing the BIOS wouldn't have been a problem.

I'll keep you all posted!

tehN00b

tehN00b

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Same problem JUST today.
I just got a new case from newegg, shutdown my pc, transferred mobo etc into new case and now this error.

The only thing that has changed is my case. What the...?
I've stripped everything down and just flashed my BIOS....
still hangs on PCI device listing..... ugh help please!!!