Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

easy question.

• Please log in to reply

soske

soske

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Okay so basically, I just need to know how to install windows xp just by rebooting with the disc in because my sister's boyfriend messed up his computer to the point where windows can't even start up, it just keeps restarting itself. So if you could please tell me how to reinstall my os with only being able to reboot, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks (:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Boot the PC and keep tapping the delete key until it enters set up, change the boot priority to CD ROM Drive then Hard Drive, press F10 to save the change, type Y to confirm, put the XP CD in the drive, press enter, look for press any key to load from CD as it boots

You could repair it as well

You can use these to repair XP

XP Repair Install

Or here if you are unable to run XP Repair Install

Alternative XP Repair Install Method

Use Windows Installation CD to repair the current installation, from the list, which uses a slightly different method

Windows XP repair feature won't delete your data, installed programs, personal information, or settings. It just repairs the operating system

After running XP Repair you will need to install all Windows Updates

Microsoft Update