Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unwanted "SPYWARE INFECTION" blah, blah

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

wmoroz

wmoroz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I saw this problem signalled by a number of people but the best solution given is to post HiJackThis log to you and pray for help.

The above (in Topic Title) plus "Your system is infected with spyware. ..." appeared on my Desktop which also lost its normal background, is not blue and the background cannot be modified.
I analysed the system using SpywareBlaster which found a number of mal/spyware; I also found Paytime.exe in Windows/System32 and deleted despite some obstacles. This seemed to work with SystemTray's warning messages/baloons that also appeared first with the Desktop text - the SystemTray warnings do not appear but only the Desktop text remains.
My system is Win XP Pro SP2, I use Outpost Firewall and Norton AntiVirus 2005.

Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
Welcome wmoroz to Geeks to Go!

The best way to get malware of your computer is posting a HijackThis log to this topic, so we can advise you.