Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lsass.exe system error

• Please log in to reply

keres

keres

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
can any1 plz help me i did a repair on amy computer when i did what i had to do and exited it when it loaded up i got this error lsass.exe system error an invalide parameter was passed to a service or a function
can some1 tell me if thie problem can b fixed :tazz:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi keres!

Are you still able to log into Windows in normal mode? If you are, then I suggest you download and install SP2. There are multiple problems with lsass.exe that were fixed with SP2.

If you are unable to install SP2 (or you still have this same problem after installing it), then I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Fenor

keres

keres

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
hi thx for the reply no im not able to log in2 windows in normal mode and i do not have a sp2 the only other opition i can think of is doing a full formatt and starting fresh and gettting xp os with sp2 on it. but thx for your help

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I'd still check out the Malware Forum and let the experts there take a look at it. They are amazing, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they fix your problem!.

Fenor

keres

keres

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
thx Fenor for getting back when i switch comp on windows starts up but then i get the isass.exe error so when i click ok thats has far as i can get then the computer shuts down so i cant get the help tools or do hijacklog
:tazz:

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You can't even boot into SAFE MODE?

Fenor

keres

keres

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
no i cant boot in safe mode or boot with safe mode comand promt

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You can try doing another REPAIR INSTALLATION, using the link in my signature as a guide, and see if this one sticks. If that doesn't work then the best you can do is hook up the hard drive to another computer as a slave, backup your important data and then do a complete reinstall of XP, using NTFS, but NOT QUICK NTFS.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 21 November 2005 - 08:06 AM.

keres

keres

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
thx Fenor for that i will give it another try but has for hooking up 2 another computer has a slave it seems 2 complicated for me if all else fails ill do a full reformatt and c if that sorts the problem out

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
It's not that hard to set up a hard drive as a slave on another computer. Check out this SITE which explains how to do it step-by-step.

Fenor

Advertisements

keres

keres

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
so i use my other computer which im using now has the master and the one with the problems has slave and the ribbon cable plugs in to my computer that needs formatting

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Not exactly.

You take out the hard drive from your problem computer, change the jumper setting on it from MASTER to SLAVE (Look on the hard drive itself, it usually says how to place the jumper for it to be a Master/Slave). Once that is changed, attach it to the same ribbon cable that your hard drive in the working computer is attached to. There should be one open plug on that ribbon. If there isn't then let me know that. Attach a power plug to the hard drive as well. Turn on your computer and see if the computer recognizes it. During boot up, most computers show text about DETECTING IDE CHANNELS and lists what is there. Even if you don't see it, let the computer boot up and then see if the computer recognizes it. If you are using XP on the working computer, then there will be an icon that appears in the systray next to the clock that says New Hardware Found. Wait until you get the message that your hardware is installed and ready to use before going to my computer and seeing if the drive is listed there.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 21 November 2005 - 12:42 PM.

keres

keres

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
i took my hard drive out 2 c how to change it from master to slave it shows a diagram but says no jumper-ds (slave)

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Then leave the jumper off and it will be set as a Slave.

Fenor

keres

keres

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
You take out the hard drive from your problem computer, change the jumper setting on it from MASTER to SLAVE (Look on the hard drive itself, it usually says how to place the jumper for it to be a Master/Slave). Once that is changed, attach it to the same ribbon cable that your hard drive in the working computer is attached to. There should be one open plug on that ribbon. If there isn't then let me know that. Attach a power plug to the hard drive as well. Turn on your computer and see if the computer recognizes it. During boot up, most computers show text about DETECTING IDE CHANNELS and lists what is there. Even if you don't see it, let the computer boot up and then see if the computer recognizes it. If you are using XP on the working computer, then there will be an icon that appears in the systray next to the clock that says New Hardware Found. Wait until you get the message that your hardware is installed and ready to use before going to my computer and seeing if the drive is listed there.

i did what u did what u said when the computer booted up it showed that the hard drive was detected but when i left it 2 runn nothing happened am i doing anything wrong

Edited by keres, 21 November 2005 - 02:14 PM.