Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New Web Site

• Please log in to reply

Stefanus

Stefanus

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have received a cd with a PC Advisor mag. One of the full programmes is Straigh2Web. I do not know the first thing about web design and would like to start learning. At the moment funds are low so I will not be buying any expensive soft ware. Do you think this cd would help. It is a steganos product!

Thanx in anticipation.

Edited by Stefanus, 21 November 2005 - 07:18 AM.

Advertisements

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Well... I dunno about that... but you should try using Dreamweaver MX...
It's really good if you wanna create a website... it requires some knowledge of HTML, but you can make do if you don't know any... :)
It's free for 30 days, so maybe you can buy it after you've used it for a while..

Also, if you're new or don't/can't afford your own domain name like www.geekstogo.com or something, you could always start learning web design... Get a Geocities Account and make your own website.. you'll learn some web design, and when you feel more comfortable with it, you can move onto Bravenet
After that, just buy your own domain and good luck to you! :tazz:

Stefanus

Stefanus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanx! Need all the help I can get. The site will be for people who have left their home country for various reasons, and is to be used for keeping contact with others in there particular area. No! not a "Wenwe" club :>)

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
:) Good luck with that!
:tazz:

Stefanus

Stefanus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Well... I dunno about that... but you should try using Dreamweaver MX...
It's really good if you wanna create a website... it requires some knowledge of HTML, but you can make do if you don't know any... :)
It's free for 30 days, so maybe you can buy it after you've used it for a while..

Also, if you're new or don't/can't afford your own domain name like www.geekstogo.com or something, you could always start learning web design... Get a Geocities Account and make your own website.. you'll learn some web design, and when you feel more comfortable with it, you can move onto Bravenet
After that, just buy your own domain and good luck to you! :tazz:

Have been reading up on dreamweaver 4 from the local library! Where can I down load Dreamweaver MX from, the trial version please??

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Register for the Macromedia website here:
Registration
After that, login to their website and then you can download Macromedia DreamWeaver 8 from here:
Macromedia Product Downloads

Remember, it's only a 30 day free-trial so make the best of it.. :tazz:

Stefanus

Stefanus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanx a heap! I appreciate it! :tazz: :>)

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
No prob, I'm glad I could help~! :tazz:

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
If you are trying to learn html a good book is called 'how to do everything with html & xhtml'.

Also, frontpage express is a free wysiwyg web building software. (What you see is what you get).

Its free to download if you browse google!

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Ah, I've heard of WYSIWYG... on several different occasions.. I hear it's good...
Here's a link to FrontPage Express Download:
http://www.123ecomme...age-express.htm

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Yes, download frontpage express and its really easy to use!

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
I might try it also..

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Yes, there are loads of free wysiwyg editors.

http://www.freewarefiles.com