Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

This mobo and this ram

• Please log in to reply

olymoore

olymoore

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi, i dont really understand all the different types of ram (sdram, ddr etc) so i wanted to make sure if this motherboard and ram are compatable.

Geil Value DDR2 1GB PC4300 Dual Channel Kit (2x512MB) 533MHz (4-4-4-12) with Aluminium Heat Spreader

Abit AN8 SLI, nForce SLI, Socket 939

I chose this ram as my motherboard specifies it supports ddr sdram im not sure wheter it is a whole name or it is ddr or sdram.

Im not sure about ram timings and all that so is that ram any good? If this mobo can support ddr what would be the best type for the same price range?

Thanks in advance

Edited by olymoore, 21 November 2005 - 01:33 PM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It wont because the mobo only supports ddr ram and you have picked ddr2 ram.

olymoore

olymoore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Oh ok. Any ideas on good ddr ram for about the same price range?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
http://www.overclock...lue_Select.html the CAS 2.5 stuff is to be reccomneded doesnt have the nice corsair heat spreader but a heat spreader is cheap as chips to get in a computer shop. You will probably find the ram cheaper on ebuyer i just gave you that link because it will show you what it is you want, overclockers best site for browsing to see what you want.

olymoore

olymoore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thanks mate