Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with Prolink PixelView PlayTV Pro (PV-BT878P+)

• Please log in to reply

PsyScott

PsyScott

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I recently installed a Prolink PixelView PCI Tv Tuner, model number PV-BT878P+ on my system with Windows XP, an nVidia GeForce MX4000 128mb AGP card, 256mb sdram, and PIII 866mHz overclocked to 911mHz. The software that came with the card sort of works, but only shows channels 1,4,8, and sometimes 10. All the rest are just static. On my television downstairs, I get about 80 channels. What could be the problem with this? The coaxial cable that I am using is a bit old and might be corroded... Could that have anything to do with it? Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisements

PsyScott

PsyScott

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
anyone? =(

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
I would highly suggest moving your computer to where your other tv is, and seeing if you can pick up all the channels there, (be sure to run a channel scan). Also, your cable company could come and test the cable strength, but they might charge you, so first see if it works in a different location. Then we can help you from there.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
does your tv use a cable box to get the channels that you have on the tv?

PsyScott

PsyScott

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
nah it doesn't use a cable box... i could try hauling this monster downstairs, but it won't be until after thanksgiving! i will do that by the weekend though, and repost my results. good idea.. thank you.