Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2 unusual problem

• Please log in to reply

Dcho

Dcho

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, this is one of the unknown problems that people have not yet discussed.
I have been messing around with the different resolutions Call of Duty 2 offers, and when I clicked on one of the resolutions (I believe it was something like 1000 x 688) the video was "out of range" according to my monitor. From then on, I can only hear the sound of the game. A simple resolution to my problem would be to blindedly click on "set to optimal video settings" but of course this was impossible for me without knowing where that setting was located exactly. can anyone help me? or do you guys even understand the problem I have?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
See you have the problem here where you have a resolution not supported by the monitor and the game isnt crashing and letting you reset it.
Have you tried starting the COD2 using the safe mode start option in the activision folder on the start menu.