Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

installing Roxio Easy Media creator suite 8

• Please log in to reply

geartb

geartb

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I had an interesting thing happen to me while trying to install a down loaded copy of Roxio's Easy Media Creator Suite 8. About 3/4 through the installation all of a sudden this erro message popped up;
Error 1402 Could not open key: unknown\mscomDLG.common Dialog.1\CLSID. Trying to find an answer at the support site they suggested to make sure Administrator was installed with full control and it was, so was System. The "live" phone support is not available during times I am at home...
could somebody help me please :tazz: :)

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is this where you downloaded from

http://www.roxio.co....MGRVQVMCABQ0IV0

http://www.roxio.com...emc/index.jhtml

geartb

geartb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
no, actually when I down loaded it was from this location
; :tazz:

I edited the link cos it was the actual download link :)

Edited by Keith, 22 November 2005 - 09:26 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I will have a look at the site, they do the downloads for a lot of comapnies so it should be alright, eventually

I may need to look at their live support to see what they say

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you try this, it says 7 but is for error 1402

[attachment=4895:attachment]

geartb

geartb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I had already tried that and to no avail because the next time I run the install program I get the same error message and the install gets rolled back
:tazz:
Here is a list of the sofware permissions on my computer
Administrator
Administrators
Creator owner
Memmie(family\memmie)
System
Users
All have a check mark under full control and read

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I have asked element 5 if they extend the download link if it turns out the files are corrupt

It could be a wise move to download and save it to the hard drive again, in case they do not extend

They say to contact Roxio about technical errors

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Element 5 sent this, so if you send them your details as requested here, they will look in to it

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately, we cannot locate your order in our database with the information you provided in your message.

We would be happy to help you begin to resolve your issue if you can provide us with the following information to assist us in our search for your order.

When you submitted your order, we displayed a reference number, or order number, on the web screen. Could you kindly provide us with this number?

If you are unable to provide us with the reference number, we can also locate your order by searching for the exact e-mail address you entered into our order form, the full name you entered into our order form, or the company name, if applicable, that you instructed us to register your software to. Although we can not search for your order by your billing address, please include your billing address for verification purposes.

In addition, we recommend that you check your records to make sure that you really purchased via element 5, as it is possible that you ordered via a different service.

We look forward to assisting you with this matter, and thank you for your cooperation.