SAFE MODE CAN'T GET OUT OF IT
Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:55 PM
Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:12 PM
Have you just used drive space?
Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:31 PM
Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:42 PM
DO NOT use this if you have used drive space.
1. Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.
2. In the Named box, type msdos.sys.
3. In the Look In box, click the drive on which Windows is installed (usually drive C), and then click Find Now.
4. Right-click the Msdos.sys file, and then click Properties.
5. Click to clear the Read-Only and Hidden check boxes to remove these attributes from the Msdos.sys file, and then click OK.
6. Right-click the Msdos.sys file, and then click Open With.
7. In the Choose the program you want to use box, click WordPad, and then click OK.
8. Do one of the following: Delete the BootSafe=1 line.
Change the value in the BootSafe=1 line to BootSafe=0.
9. On the File menu, click Save.
10. Right-click the Msdos.sys file, and then click Properties.
11. Click to select the Read-Only and Hidden check boxes to set the attributes for the file, and then click OK.
12. Restart your computer.
Edited by peterm, 21 November 2005 - 11:42 PM.
Posted 22 November 2005 - 02:12 AM
Posted 22 November 2005 - 03:37 AM
This will open the explorer window. Go to the top and click on View then on
Folder options > View Tab>Click on show all files Click OK then close the window
Try the steps again. Does the msdos.sys file show up now?
Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:58 PM
but now I can't get outta safe mode....rebooted, went start to active desktop and nada...the icons on the desktop are too big making everything else too big. can you help me
thanks for taking me outta safe mode.
Posted 23 November 2005 - 01:58 AM
Properties Tab>settings tab
Is the screen aera showing 640 x 480 if yes can you slide it to the right
But don't go to far or you can go out of range.
Click on Advanced on this tab and you should get the option to to apply the settings with out restarting the computer choose this and press ok
When you have moved the setting up from 640 x 480 click ok
this will resize your screen and ask if you want to keep the new settings
if the icons are smaller click on yes.
If you move the slider to far and the screen goes black do not panic wait
about 15 seconds and the screen will come back to the old setting.
When you are in the anvanced section also check if the setting at the top says font size - small fonts.
If this does not help we will have to reload your video drivers
Edited by peterm, 23 November 2005 - 01:59 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users