Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My XP My Computer window has changed! Help!

• Please log in to reply

MarshallO

MarshallO

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
:tazz: For some reason, my Windows XP with Service Pack 2 "My Computer" window has suddenly changed its appearance ON ITS OWN! Originally, regardless of which View (Icon, Tile, etc.) was used, the "My Computer" window was divided into three sections marked: "Files Stored on This Computer", "Hard Disk Drives", and "Devices with Removable Storage". Now, all of a sudden, these section dividers have all DISAPPEARED and all of the "My Computer" views just show the Files, Drives, and Devices BY THEMSELVES, without any section divisions! The only thing I have done since the last time the "My Computer" window had divisions in it was to completely remove and redownload Mozilla Firefox (removing all of its original Documents and Settings Folders first), which I can't imagine caused this problem. Does anyone know what has happened, and how to fix it, if necessary? Thanks! :)

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi MarshallO...

Try a System Restore to a time before you removed Firefox and see if that restores your settings.

wannabe1