Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2 or Call of Duty 2?!

• Please log in to reply

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Hey guys im gonna buy a game this weekend but i cant decide. bf2 or call oduty2. help me out thanks.
markus.

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by HamburgrHelpr08, 22 November 2005 - 11:57 AM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Both are excellent i have been playing CoD2 and have found it very enjoyable, but i am also going to install tommorow and play it for a few hours so ill play both and tell you what i like best. But CoD2 is very good the weird health system can be weird but it isnt at all bad and you couldnt manage a game with so many jerris to kill without some kind of dodgy health system.

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Well i beat the cod2 demo on the hardest setting. and it was funn!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah im actually finding some bits of CoD2 a little easy some bits are hard just because of the shear number of germans surrounding you but most of it is quite easy even on the second hardest and hardest levels. BF2 is the same though i didnt find it hugely difficult on normal settings i had to turn it up, but i am a leet gamer so thats to be expected lol.

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
yah but sometimes its more fun on easy.

hip_notic

hip_notic

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
i would go for bf2 its very fun if you like driving tanks and cars and flying choppers and jet planes who doesnt ? its just an awsome game theres lots of things to do lots f classes plus tons of weapons heres a link to a site with lots of videos you should go check it out

Bf2 videos

and heres another site

More vids

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
well what one has better gfx?

hip_notic

hip_notic

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
not really sure but i know bf2 has much better game play but it also only supports a number of graphics cards so thats one of the down side im getting a new one just so i can play it

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Would this card work?
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814161146

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It would not the best but it would play it quite well, i would say its 6 and 2 3s between them, CoD2 has the great bump mapped models for the characters and the lighting effects are quite good, and BF2 has some better textures for the weapons and landscapes, but then again CoD2 is quite insanely fun and BF2 while fun can be a bit of a pain and is a real system hog.

Advertisements

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
yah i thnk im gonna go with bf2 because im gona buy dod source anywase.why wont the card be good?

hip_notic

hip_notic

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
looks like a dam good card to me

Shady431

Shady431

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm a COD freak myself played it since the first one came out. I have played BF2 but I found it used too many resources and wasn't as fun as COD2. Just my personal opinion, I'd recommend you download the demos and give them both a try.

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
what do u mean uses resources.

Shady431

Shady431

• Pip
  • 2 posts
On my computer. It slowed it up big time.