Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

T-day minus 2

• Please log in to reply

HarryMay

HarryMay

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
I get paid to stand in a hot kitchen and cook,you may not.I'm happy to dispense w/some free advice.
After you turn on the oven,round up every dishtowl/rag you can find,you'll need 'em.Surfaces can never be too clean.Use seperate(clean)knives for each item you are trying to prepare.Remember this is not a race!A trip to the hospital is not on the agenda.It is safer to cook the stuffing alone,but if you use grannies method be sure to cook the turkey WELL!Wich brings me to another tip:DO NOT CUT THE TURKEY IMM. AFTER TAKING IT OUT OF THE OVEN!The poor bird has had a hard life,let it relax for 1/2 hour so the meat has time to baste itself,rather than having the juices run all about the counter,hence the need for towels.Besides that use,use the towels(clean) to wipe down the counter,utensuls,your hands,the kids' handsand the other towels.Turkey day is an all day event,take 'er slow an easy and enjoy the fruits of your labor.Also,it's the new national fad to deep fry the boid.This is messy and dangerous.To prevent the mess lay down a large enough cloth tarp,flattened cardboard boxes etc.As for safety,tell the kids :tazz: and drunks to go watch the all time feel good movie"it's a wonderful life",2x.And please,no bickering,just laughter and smiles.

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Great advise!
I just let the wife handle the cooking I make sure the beer is at proper temp and sample the beverages all day long to be sure. By the time the feast has ended I m the drunk with the remote in my hand and sure maybe we will watch its a beautiful life , yep right after this next play, no I meant this play no lets wait till half time then we will start it ah we may as well just watch till the end of the third quater, ahh only a quater left lets just watch the end of the game

:tazz:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Mmm, I can smell the turkey cooking already (not literally), and feel myself settling in for a nice nap after a good meal. :tazz:

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
We made it even easier this year...we had lasagna!

Johanna

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I did boneless country style pork ribs in a large electric skillet. I seasoned them up with some red seasoning powder I got from a local oriental store, then topped it when nice and tender with my own sweet and sour concoction of cherry pie filling, pineapple bits, bean sprouts and bamboo sprouts. Everyone thought it was delicious, and with all the other stuff no one even missed the turkey!

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
:) Thanksgiving ain't Thanksgiving without turkey!! Literally, I'd die without it. That's my absolute favorite food...turkey. mmmmmm Gawd I ate sooo much!! :) We also had all the traditional side dishes and desserts. We didn't watch It's a Wonderful Life...but we all DID watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the new one). We started the movie tradition the year the original Shrek came out. My mom bought it the day before T-giving, and every year since...we buy a new release and all watch it after dinner. :tazz:

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Turkey has a great smell
But i want it with rise oooooouuuu!!! :)
Thanks for the Great Advise HarryMay :tazz:

~Dr. Gutstein~

Edited by Dr. Gutstein, 26 November 2005 - 08:44 PM.