Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SpyAxe 3.0 and safemode issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

strangeconfusion

strangeconfusion

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello there I am a victim of Spyaxe 3.0 the spyware :tazz: . I am trying to follow an earlier forum disscusions to try and rid my computer of this spyware. My computer's symtoms can be closely identified with this forum address.

This guy,Coxor, had the same problem with Spyaxe 3.0

Geeks to Go forum (eample forum entry is an example of part of my problem)

I've already downloaded CWShredder, cwsserviceemove.reg, NoahDfear's smitRem.exe, Panda ActiveScan (shortcut), Ewido Security Suite (trial version), and Ad-Aware SE setup.

One more thing, I cannot install "Hijackthis", my Norton Antivirus found a worm inside and deleted the program. So I'm sorry there is no Hijack this log.

I am trying to follow the earlier directions of Crustyoldbloke, but I've come to a barrier. My safemode seems to be not functioning properly. When I get into safemode all I see is a blank black screen with white words "safemode" in the corners.

Secondly when I try to open the internet the spyaxe 3.0 will not let me open my original google homepage, instead it sends me to their spyaxe website. Spyaxe says that their is a third party that is trying to take my identity, and that there are tojans on my computer. I don't know how this problem occured .I am in great need of help, becuase I usually use this computer for school. I would be greatly appreciative too if someone who knows how to fix this problem can help me.

Advertisements

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
Welcome strangeconfusion to Geeks to Go.

You can disable Norton just for the download of HijackThis. You can add HijackThis to the exceptions inside Norton and run the program.

Post back to this topic with a fresh HijackThis scanlog.

DON'T use the uninstaller SpyAxe may send you!!!