Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony Vaio Notebook Questions

• Please log in to reply

PSPChrisM

PSPChrisM

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Two quick questions.......

I have a Sony Vaio Notebook (VGN-A150) with 1GB of RAM as bought from Store, my questions are:

1. Is this split 2 x 512k, and how do I access the RAM to swap it out, and

2. Is there an extended life battery for the Notebook - the one that came with it sucks, can't even watch a DVD all the way through on a flight :-(

Am sure these are pretty basic questions, but they are important to me :-)

Thanks

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Ever think to check the Sony website?? I would hazard a guess a little looking in there will answer both your questions!!!

Murray

PSPChrisM

PSPChrisM

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yeah I know, but I spent ages (honest) going round and round their site, support FAQ's etc and am now 3 days into a "we will repsond withing 24 hours".....

Not the biggest issue, will be taking the Notebook into a store soon anyway, but came across this forum and thought I would give it a go

Cheers

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Ram access is usually on the bottom.. Your user manual should tell you how to access this..

As for the battery, you need to find out if there is an upgrade available either through the website or from a Sony depot!!

Murray

PSPChrisM

PSPChrisM

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
:-) I actually had a Sony Notebook once that required the keyboard to be lifted to install the RAM, but on this one it is the bottom

thanks

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
No problem..

Murray