Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC to TV Card

• Please log in to reply

PSPChrisM

PSPChrisM

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a Sony Vaio Desktop PCV - RS704.

At the moment I can record from the TV onto the hard drive, and can then either rip the recording to DVD and watch on a DVD player, or watch on the PC. I would like to play the recording back straight to the TV. I have the cables set up ok (s-vhs to s-vhs) so was wondering if I needed some sort of card for the PC. I haven't added anything to the PC since I bought it.

Thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you should be able to right click on your desktop then do properties then settings....this should be your video card section in the properties....you should be able to set up the machien to accept two monitors through this screen.

PSPChrisM

PSPChrisM

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thanks. i can see where i should select the tv option, but it says it isn't connected. all i have is a s-vhs to s-vhs cable, and an audio out to scart in (on tv) cable connected. the guys at b&O said that should be enough!!! i get sound playing through the tv, but no picture.

have searched around and can't find a way to "connect" the tv?????

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the tv probably has an input setting that will allow it to access the svideo connection...(i know mine does)...and for whatever reason...the pc won't recognise the connection untill the tv is accessing the svideo connection

PSPChrisM

PSPChrisM

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
it has an option to configure the sockets. i have the av1 socket set for a PS2 (works fine) i have av2 set for v-aux which is a b&O setting for external devices, and i have the s-vhs socket set to av2.

in theory when i select v.aux on my remote control, it powers the tv on, and i get the sound from the pc playing through the tv.

i have double checked with b&o and they say the settings are correct.

can i check that the s-vhs port is working on the pc? or any other suggestions welcome

thanks

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...you're gonna get the sound from the pc on the tv because it's a seperate cable....there should be an input button on your tv remote that will let y ou cycle through (usually cable, dvd, vcr...etc..etc..) that's the input thing that i'm talking about

PSPChrisM

PSPChrisM

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
am pretty sure that is the v.aux option that b&o got me to set up :-(