Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC wont boot after seleting preformance mode in bios

• Please log in to reply

Beaviss

Beaviss

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi. New at this but please need help i have a Matsonic MS9388E motherboard , P4 2.8 gb prossersor , Geforce 6600 256 mb I need to select PREFORMANCE MODE in the bios to run my games otherwise all the games have glitches like stripes all over. :tazz: But when i select PREFORMANCE MODE the Pc wont boot up and the cdrom(s) LED keep flashing and no signal on screen NOTHING. :) After rebooting 10 or 50 times it comes on and sometimes says floppy drive error and press F1 to skip or something butt when its in windows XP it works fine. AND it only does this with my geforce 6600 PLEASE HELP.

Edited by Beaviss, 23 November 2005 - 08:51 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it seems that your graphix card isn't compatable with the settings involved in "performance mode"....your hardware may not be up to the task of runningyour games in " high" mode...you would probably be better off making small tweaks..one at a time and seeing how this affectes the issues...instead of using the blanket "performance mode"

Beaviss

Beaviss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Is there no way that i can keep the setting on and still find a way to boot up normally the setting makes the games run normal its and with my older Geforce fx 5200 it runs great and boot up normally with preformance mode the moderboard guid says if i want to run this " PREFORMANCE MODE " i need better memory that is DDR SDRAM and so i got it but still same problem :tazz: :)

Beaviss

Beaviss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Just one more thing from my side : I found some clues to my problem.
About the preformance mode :
1. Before i got the new DDR SDRAM i had a 512 and 256 dimm = 768 mb
2. When i selected PREFORMANCE MODE the pc would not boot up but when i switched the 2 dimm around in each others slots the pc boots up fine until it gets past the XP loading screen the pc just restarts and this is still with PREFORMANCE MODE on. :)
3. Can somebody please tell me if the Geforce 6600 256mb card is compatible with the matsonic MS9388E
Beacause 3 other OLDER card's work and why not the new one :tazz:
:)

Edited by Beaviss, 24 November 2005 - 03:58 AM.