Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

norton viruses [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rox_anna

rox_anna

• Pip
  • 2 posts
what do i need to do to post a log or something so i can get some help? i have a lot of spyware on my pc.

Advertisements

rox_anna

rox_anna

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
BTW, i just downloaded firefox because i read that its safer than IE, now, norton antivirus wont stop showing me virus alerts to which access is denied or the file cant be repaired. could firefox be infected? whats going on?

a couple of the object names:

C:\WINDOWS\javamw32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\atlkg32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\iejk32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\netvk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\apipd32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\appwr.exe

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and reply here with your log.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! I will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results in this thread.

Edited by loophole, 24 November 2005 - 06:33 PM.

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.