Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Requested help almost 2 weeks ago...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

bevintal

bevintal

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Just wanted to send an FYI that after waiting and getting no response, I finally reinstalled Windows and completely cleaned my laptop. I think it was the most reassuring thing I could to knowing that even if the viruses were ever removed, my computer was likely made vulnerable and opened to other threats. I don't think I was ever going to get any help from u guys, not even a response, but just wanted to let you know I am no longer in need of help.

Edited by bevintal, 23 November 2005 - 04:29 PM.

Advertisements

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Hello

I am glad that you have managed to resolve the issue, however, you became the author of your own misfortune when you replied into your own thread.

This instruction is clearly visible above the box where you type.

Do not 'bump' or reply to your topic. We look first for posts with no replies, and we start with the oldest posts and work forward. Bumping will delay a reply.

bevintal

bevintal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yes, Phil, but I posted twice and neither post was acknowledged. My other post had 0 replies. But, thanks for taking the effort to point that out. It would have been great to have gotten a response when I was in the thick of computer problems. :tazz: Oh well, what can ya do? Best of luck to all of you in your battle against malware and the "bad" guys writing those nasty viruses.