Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Corrupt Portable hard disk

• Please log in to reply

aakriti

aakriti

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi
Plz help me

I have a bafo portable hard disk.
recently it was working fine then one evening when i switched on my comp and tried to use it the comp detected it but it didnt show the file size in my computer. on clicking i getthe error as the disk is corrupt. replace it.
this disk has lots of my important data please help me extract it.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
What make and model of disk is it? Did it come as a complete unit, or did you put a hard drive in a box?

Also, go to the maker's website and download any diagnostics for it, or use the cd-rom that came with it to do diagnostics. Tell us the results. Be care that you don't reformat it, or otherwise harm the files. There are definitely ways of recovering files from disks in this condition.

aakriti

aakriti

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for replying.

the hard disk is bafo 2003 model portable disk. it came as a complete unit.

i tried downloading from website but it only uninstalled it.
then tried the cd that came with it but prob is when the drive is connected the my computer folder hangs

when i tried to go by desktop toolbar it showed local disk but i cant access it.
plz help me out