Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Weird internet problem

• Please log in to reply

6SteW6

6SteW6

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ok so i run off a router and everythings fine for a few minutes when suddenly all my internet related things just shut down, my web browser, msn, yahoo etc. They go offline completly for a while then suddenly spring back into life, i took it to my friend who totally reinstalled windows and still nothing apart from a very clean desktop, could someone help? i use blueyonder i have a cable modem thats connected to my router, i turned everything off for 30 seconds and still it gives me the same problem, i dont have an antivirus as i just got the comp back this morning, so if someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
offline or shutdown?

If offline, my first suspician is a bad cable modem or weak signal from your ISP.

The first you can only test by swapping it out, the second needs to be checked by your cable company

You may-- MAY--be able to take alook at your signal strength by following the instructions here:

http://homepage.ntlw...ips/signal.html