Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse not working

• Please log in to reply

Zarkahn

Zarkahn

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Suddenly yesterday, my mouse quit working. to a point. I turn my comp on and after so long, the curser stays in one spot. it still animates when its loading somthing but it stays put. I can still move around a click on stuff, its just an invisible arrow. cause the arrow is stuck in one spot. Its fine for a while after I restart, then it gets stuck again. I can play a fps game for as long as I like, cause it doesnt involve a curser. but any program that does gets stuck after so long.

Advertisements

Zarkahn

Zarkahn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Im bumping this post up, cause I would really like some answers. Its starting to bug me. It took me 10 minutes to be able to get on the internet and write this cause I had to use the keyboard the whole way. Ive tried 2 diferent ps/2 mouses and a usb mouse. They all work for the first few mintues when you start the computer. then the curser gets stuck. Ive updated drivers and still know luck. please help.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You aren't supplying much info about your setup, which is probably why you aren't getting any help.

Connect a ps/2 mouse, go into Safe Mode and device manager and uninstall all the mice, including any you find in human interface devices. Restart, then it should at least detect the ps/2 mouse. If the mouse doesn't work in Safe Mode, you may need to change some BIOS settings. USB mice and keyboards tend to be a little flakey anyway, especially if you move the connections around.