Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows explorer encountered a problem

• Please log in to reply

DalinianGirl

DalinianGirl

• Pip
  • 7 posts
hi,

i was working on my computer this morning, at the office using windows explorer to browse a coworker's machine for some files and all of a sudden my explorer froze and i got the "windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience."
when i click for the error report i get this:

error signature

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: user32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00009be9

i tried clicking the "send error report" AND the "dont send" bottons.
But regardless, i get the message in a continuous loop. even after i reboot. i have tried re-booting in safemode, same thing.
i ran my norton scan, nothing
i ran ad-aware scan, nothing

i have windows XP SP2
and i cant really think of what else to do to try and fix this...

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

its clear i can run SOME applications while the error screen is up, like netscape navigator and if i boot my autocad program i can open files via that, but i cant browse the contents of the machine via my win explorer OR My Computer,.

AND, my task bar is gone. there's a gray bar but i cant see the clock or even the start button. i need to use control+alt+delete to shut down or restart.

any suggestions????

THANKS!!!

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go.

Please read this post: http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852

And post your log here:
http://www.geekstogo...hp?showforum=37