Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question concerning a game and WinXP compatibility

• Please log in to reply

Purgatory

Purgatory

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Hi, want to thank those who will (if) help me fix this, I've tried everything I can find on other forums and the official site.

This is concerning Fallout 2 and running it on WinXP, the SFX do not work, or work for about 5 mins then cut out and never return until the game is restarted.

I've tried different compatibility modes, same thing happens, the sound effects cut out after a few minutes, the BGM and such still work, but the SFX stop working...

Was wonding if anyone here plays it or has played it with WinXP and knows how to fix this particular problem.

Just a shot in the dark, lots of comp wizzies here thought someone might know something helpful.

Again, not sure if its appropriate to post this here, but I have tried everywhere else.

Please, can someone help me out here?

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Purgatory...

Try posing you question to the folks in the Gaming Forum...perhaps someone there has run into your issue and has the "fix" in hand... :tazz:

wannabe1