Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't edit anything!

• Please log in to reply

nme41487

nme41487

• Pip
  • 6 posts
okay heres my problem. everytime i right click, lets say a picture, the edit option is gone. then, when i go on the internet, like myspace, and want to edit my page, i click it and it doesn't do anything. also, when i try to , lets say im at a page where has more pages to click, like 1, 2, 3, 4, >> etc, i cant ever go to the next page. whats wrong with this thing?!?!?! please help mee

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Are you logged into the site?

It's a lot easier to make a duplicate of your site in your computer, make any changes there, and upload the changed pages/files via FTP.

nme41487

nme41487

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
yeah but what about not being able to edit anythin else even when im offline? i dont know whats wrong with this thing. its like, you kno wen u rite click, it should say sumtin like open and under it EDIT. neither is there.. what do i do?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
What are you using as an editor? Provide us with a little information about what tools you are using.

nme41487

nme41487

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i dont know. its just like, when im right clicking any kind of picture i have saved in my documents, i right click it and an option of OPEN, EDIT, SELECT, CUT COPY BLAH BLAH BLAH should come up. Usually, wen i pressed edit, it'd bring me directly to PAINT. but now, the whole top half of that list is gone. just gone. oh, and i also cant even click on links posted up. like if you were to give me a link to MALWARE FORUM or sumtin, i wouldnt b able 2 open that. :tazz:

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
It's starting to sound like you have a serious problem that goes beyond not having the ability to edit files. To edit an HTML page you have to choose an editor in Internet Options, you can always use Notepad if you don't have another editor installed. For images you need to choose Paint as the default for opening the files if you want to edit with it. For simple editing, and even batch editing you can use Irfanview, which is freeware.

www.irfanview.com

XNView is another nice freeware editor.

However, if your settings have suddenly changed for no good reason you might want to check for malware.