Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Right click menu leftover option

• Please log in to reply

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hi guys, I installed the application called "SkinStudio" this morning, shortly after I realized it wasn't for me I deleted it. But I just found out that when I right click on image files now (eg. JPGs), there's an option says "Create Skin with SkinStudio". When the program is already uninstalled, how do I get rid of the leftover right click menu option?

Cheers.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Context Menu Editor allows you to remove non-standard items from the right-click menu of files, folders and Internet Explorer. The program can come handy if previous software installation failed to remove a context menu item, or if you wish to (permanently) remove an item that you dont need.

http://www.snapfiles...menueditor.html

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hi, Keith thanx for the reply. I did it once before and it was only a simple deletion of entry from the registry I just can't remember how to do it now. Is it possible to remove the option without the assistance of this application? Cheers

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://windowsxp.mvp...ext_folders.htm

I suggested the app cos it is probably safer than registry editing

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hi Keith, thanx for the reply. I've been digging in my registry and yeah, it turned out that not as usual applications, this SkinStudio has associated itself with JPEG files and a few other image formats. I've deleted the entries in the registry and now problem fixed. Thanx

Check out the screen capture :tazz:

Cheers

[attachment=4925:attachment]