Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor has lost colour

• Please log in to reply

woody1977

woody1977

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I have dual screen set up, one 19 inch monitor, and a 15 inch flat screen. I accidentally un plugged the pc, and everything else with it. An now when I switch it back on, teh flat screen has lost alot of colour. The monitor is fine, when my pc boots up a packard bell screen flashes up. It should normally be a pink colour which it is on the monitor, but on the flat screen it is an orange colour.

Any help guys would be gretaly recieved.

Cheers woody

Advertisements

Hound

Hound

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi Woody,

check the pins on the connecter to the PC, some of them may be bent or damaged.

cheers

Hound

woody1977

woody1977

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Hound, thanks alot man, I had tried all the uninstall, reinstall of all the drivers, my graphics card. Tried messing about with the settings, and so on and so on. Took your advice, and it turns out that it was the connector at the back of it, just needed pushing in a bit more.

Thanks alot, cheers woody.

Hound

Hound

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi Woody,

No problem dude. I have been in the similar position before....

We always check the non obvious things such as drivers, but we never check the most common stuff, i.e the connectors.

Hound.