Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

choppy audio with dvd burner

• Please log in to reply

p_mii_nawy

p_mii_nawy

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
hey peeps
i am getting choppy audio with my lite on sohw-1673sx. it is an extranl burner.
os info:
win pro sp2
512 mb ram
dvd power 5 (to watch movies)
i have 1.1 usb. it comes up telling me that it will work better if i have 2.0. is it because i have usb 1.1 or can there something else causing the choppy audio

Advertisements

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
try a different dvd player such as vlc media player. http://www.videolan.org , its free. see if the problem still persists.

p_mii_nawy

p_mii_nawy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
i did try it with that but there is no video. the sound is only a bit better. its not as chopy as dvd 5.
windows media did not even play the dvd.
i downloaded media classic player and there the sound is better. it only gets choppy when there is something going on in the back round. the only problem with this, is that the picture lags about 1 sec. it slows down a bit then plays fine then again slow