Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Script "Error 1500,

• Please log in to reply

Classy2

Classy2

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I was trying to update Jave 5.0 update 2 to Java Update 5 when this script error poped up
.....an error has occured on page....
line 52
char 1
error the data necessary to complete this operation is not yet
available.
code 0
URL http://click.allfeed....php?aff_id=404
And before all this stated I was trying to an "Active x" program to run with Norton Firewall.
The " Active X" Program which said it " could not find the active X object"
I do not know anything on this subject.
I would appreciate your kind help n patience.
Classy

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
"Objects" are in the downloaded program files folder. If you clean it out regularly or have your security settings so high that they can't be downloaded, that may be why it can't find the object. You can go to Internet Options>Settings>View objects to see what is there. It's a good idea to only remove suspicious objects from the folder and not everything, because some may be needed by applications running.

Also, you can open the source code for the page in question, look at line52, char 1 to see what the object name is.

Edited by Tyger, 25 November 2005 - 10:39 AM.

Classy2

Classy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Did Windows Installer come with the SP2 package? If so, reinstaling SP2 will do the job. If I did a system Restore ID have to reinstall SP2 anyways. And if that doesnt work im right back reinstalling.
I got the script error 1500, wwhen I was installing Windows Script Wizzard, it asked me for Fle Name n File path. I did not know the answers so I closed it. Thus, the error 1500, ''another application is in process'' I searched for the answer but it was beyond my comprehension.
And I looked everywhere for ''the object'' when i had malware and no firewall for 2 weeks I guess too many files were deleted.
In System Restore, will you please tell me how to do a ''Custom Restore?
Classy