Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Totally Uninstall EWIDO

• Please log in to reply

Zhequajah

Zhequajah

• Pip
  • 8 posts
This is my first Post so please bare with me.
My trial time on EWIDO 3.5 expired and I want to uninstall it. I went through the normal Control Panel ADD/Remove Programs. I then proceeded to START\RUN\REGEDIT and began to delete all EWIDO entrys the editor could find. The following entry won't delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_EWIDO_SECURITY_SUITE_DRIVER".

1. Can someone tell me how to delete these kind of entries from the registry?

2. I would like to know of some software that monitors all install changes of a software to an Operating
System so it (the installed software) can be genuinely uninstalled later like AOL and more.

3. I think to GHOST a fresh copy of XP onto a backup HDD so as to GHOST it back thus genuinely
uninstalling some software like if I wanted to change from Norton to Panda then AVG so as to
test which is best for me.

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
I would not start deleting random entries in your registry unless you know what you're doing. You may accidentally delete something that can cripple your computer.

If it uninstalled successfully using the uninstaller in control panels, then it's uninstalled. If you want to clean out your registry for invalid entries, I would suggest a free program such as ccleaner: http://www.ccleaner.com/

Zhequajah

Zhequajah

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank You Numb
Good advice indeed but your answer didn't address the question. Which, is about what EWIDO has put into my computer without my permission something that can't be removed normally. I consider this a fault of their programing staff thus part of the reason for the uninstall (which wasn't complete by ADD/Remove Programs, by the way) and thus the question of how to actually remove it.

The EWIDO scanner did an excellent job of removing malware and more than 1 type but, I have to sit there and babysit it while it scannes and I have other things to do while it goes through its motions.
I didn't mention it but I had backed up my registry first but the question wasn't about backing up. I am prepared to completely remove XP to get rid of EWIDO.

Ewido also gets past MSCONFIG and can't be stopped that way only in its own context menu and finally can't be removed with out a full HDD cleanout (I believe). The question was for an alturnative to a full HDD cleant out back to a factory low level format status (which I can do).

I politely offer Thanks to any who answer - Z

Zhequajah

Zhequajah

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
For those of you interestedI have found that Your Uninstaller does a nice job of uninstalling including registry ejntrys not removed by the normal uninstaller.
Check it out at:
http://www.ursoftware.com/