Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Downloading a Program (I'm New!)

• Please log in to reply

lecia

lecia

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I'm pretty much new to all this computer stuff and I hope I'm in the right forum, if not I'm sorry!
I was helped in another forum and was told to try firefox due to the problems I was having with IE.
I have a program that I have had for 2 years and It won't download on my computer. I have been in the
firefox forum for help and nobody has helped me yet and I posted a week ago, they have looked at what I needed but don't reply.

When I download Hallmark card maker it states it can't download due to it can't find IE. I didn't get rid of IE off my system I just have firefox as my browser.

Thank you for your time and help!!

Lecia :tazz:

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You might try this if the Hallmark site will let you. Go to www.sun.com, get the Sun Download Manager, a very basic DL manager that uses java (of course) so it works independently of your OS. It may succeed where others fail.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you going to the hallmark website with firefox? if so..that's the problem...that download seems to only be compatable with IE...you h ave to go to the website using internet explorer...not FIreFox

lecia

lecia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
I'm not even online when I download the program, I have 3 cd's that download after I make the cards it goes thur my yahoo email address. I'll download it again and will copy what it says and post back. Thank you two for your help!!

Lecia

lecia

lecia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
I just downloaded sun download mgr. and It's asking to do all this stuff, I'm sorry but I a very blonde when it comes to computer things. If you have the program could you please walk me thur? :tazz:

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

I just downloaded sun download mgr. and It's asking to do all this stuff, I'm sorry but I a very blonde when it comes to computer things. If you have the program could you please walk me thur? :tazz:

If it's on a cd you don't need the download manager. But if the file on the cd is corrupt you might try downloading it from the site, if they let you. You may need to wipe the cd off, very gently.

lecia

lecia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
:tazz: In case your wondering Yes I am a blonde!! Thank you!!