There are a few things you must do once you are completely clean:
1. Re-hide your System Files and Folders to prevent any future accidents.
Reconfigure Windows XP to hide hidden files:
- Click Start. Open My Computer.
- Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options. Select the View Tab.
- Under the Hidden files and folders heading deselect "Show hidden files and folders".
- Check the "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)" option.
- Click Yes to confirm. Click OK.
TO DISABLE SYSTEM RESTORE
- Right-click "My Computer", and then left click "Properties".
- Left click on "System Restore Tab"
- Check box beside "Turn Off System Restore"
- Left click on "Apply"
- Remove check mark from "Turn Off System Restore"
- Click on "Apply"
Please read and follow the following advice by TonyKlein on how to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future:
How Did I Get Infected in the First Place