Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:12 AM
Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:40 PM
Lets start out with some general scans and see if we cant clean things up a little.
+++++ Step 1 +++++
Please download ewido security suite it is a free version of the program.
- Install ewido security suite
- When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck..
- Install background guard
- Install scan via context menu
- Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double-click it.
- The program will now open to the main screen.
- When you run ewido for the first time, you may get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
- You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
- On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
- Then click on Start Update.
- The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
(the status bar at the bottom will display ("Update successful")
ewido manual updates
Restart your computer and boot into Safe Mode by hitting the F8 key repeatedly until a menu shows up (and choose Safe Mode from the list). In some systems, this may be the F5 key, so try that if F8 doesn't work.
Once in safe mode Open Ewido Security Suite and do the following:
- Click on scanner
- Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- You will be prompted to clean the first infection.
- Select "Perform action on all infections", then proceed.
- Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
- Click Save report.
- Save the report .txt file to your desktop or a location where you can find it easily.
Reboot back to normal mode and post that log
+++++ Step 2 +++++
Please run a Scan at any of the Following sites
BitDefender On-Line Virus Scan
Make sure that you choose the "fix" or "clean" option when available
Please Take note of any files that were uncleanable and post the filenames here in your next reply
+++++ Step 3 +++++
- Open HiJackThis
- Click Open the Misc Tools Section
- Click Check for update online
After that, I will need to see a Recent HijackThis log (preferrable taken today!)
Post back with those logs and we can continue from there.
If you have received help elsewhere or no longer need our assistance, please let us know.
Edited by skate_punk_21, 28 November 2005 - 06:41 PM.
Posted 05 December 2005 - 02:00 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users