Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

UN-DELETEABLE FILE

• Please log in to reply

RaNeN

RaNeN

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I have a file which i am unable to delete.Whenever i try to delete it i get an error saying this file is in use and cannot be deleted.Its a video file.Nor does it play in windows media player nor in any other player.so i want to delete it.Where ever i try to delete it , the system also gets [bleep] slow almost freezes.Please help???

Advertisements

dagger

dagger

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Did u try deleting in safe mode? Also this utility might work,
http://www.snapfiles...moveonboot.html
check out this thread as well
http://www.geekstogo...45

RaNeN

RaNeN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Thanx a lot guys.I used that moveonboot software, it worked great.You guys are great.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got another problem now i have anothe movie file Fantastic 4 (2 parts)
It does not play in any player . Actually i dont know what format it is in.the name actually says fantastic4.vcd is this correct???? Is there any such program/software where i can find out what the correct file extension is?????please help

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Ranen, the fact that you have this file and do not know where it comes from leads me to believe that you downloaded a copy of the fantastic four movie.

If you had made it yourself, you would know what a vcd file is.

Sorry, we cannot assist you in pirating movies or software.

RaNeN

RaNeN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Its ok,I am sorry.Thanx anyway.YOU GUYS ARE GREAT