Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Call of Duty 2 (Plz Help) IM lagging so much

• Please log in to reply

csboy1

csboy1

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Somebody please help me. I have Call of Duty 2 and it installed perfectly. Im starting 2 play and im so laggy. I have a Radeon 9800 pro... and it still lags. Any advice?

Advertisements

csboy1

csboy1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Somebody please help me. I have Call of Duty 2 and it installed perfectly. Im starting 2 play and im so laggy. I have a Radeon 9800 pro... and it still lags. Any advice?

C mon, wheres a geek when you need one?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Geeks are very busy, and people with more serious problems generally come first over people that cant get games to work.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the .net framework 1.1 and the latest catalyst drivers, what is your PC temps like might be worth cleaning the inside of your pc.

hazard15951

hazard15951

• Pip
  • 5 posts
my cod 2 is broke im not sure of my drivers so i cant delete them how do i fix the prob so cod 2 works again

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
Hello csboy1 and welcome to Geeks to Go!

Have you closed all unnecessary background tasks?
What are your system specs?
What resolution are you running the game at?
What quality settings are you using? (anti-alising, texture filter, texture quality etc...)
What driver version are you using?

csboy1

csboy1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a windowns xp professional. 2.0 ghz . 2 drivers
128mb radeon 9800pro.
I got the latest catalyst driver.
Im running it at 1200 X 1600
Im using anti-alising, texture filter, texture quality etc...in the game.

I BOUGHT THIS COMPUTER 3 YRS AGO AND ITS ZOOMING TODAY STILL. IT WORKS PERFECTLY AND FITS THE GAMES THAT COME OUT THESE DAYS.

I also have counter -strike, its works perfectly.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Your pc doesnt fit perfectly you are running that game at way to high a setting for your system, my system is at least twice as fast as yours and it can play it at those settings but not by all that much especially if i ran it at 1600x1200. Turn down the settings to something more approriate to your system and the game.